12.23.2011

Christmas Baking

I love being off of work for a few days to spend time with my Fam and do a little baking!  We are headed to Birmingham on Saturday for a feast, family time and good ole snack foods.  I am making cupcakes and cookies, so where do I look for my idea? Pinterest and Darby from Fly Through Our Window.  She recently posted about being in the Mobile Bay magazine and had a few of her favorite Christmas recipes in it.  Candy Cane Crunch Cookies~that is what I baked this morning ;) North Pole Cupcakes that the kiddos and I will frost and decorate later this evening!



My Sis made the menu and it sounds scrumptious!  I will share :)

·         Sausage balls (can make nigh before and cook morning of)
·         Crescent roll pinwheels with cream cheese (morning of prepare and cook)
·         Buffalo chicken dip (boil chicken night before and cook morning of)
·         Crack dip (cream cheese, ranch, bacon and cheese) with sociables (morning of prepare)
·         Spinach and artichoke hot dip (morning of prepare)
·         Bacon wrapped cocktail wienies with brown sugar (morning of prepare)
·         Grape salad (wash grapes night before and morning of prepare)
·         Pineapple casserole (can make night before and cook morning of)
·         Cool whip cookie dessert (morning of prepare)
·         Christmas Cupcakes (night before prepare and cook)
·         Reindeer spritzers (morning of)
·         Eggnog (no preparation)
·         Saki (mom bringing)
·         Sweet tea (morning of prepare)



Rudolph's Tipsy Spritzers

On a last note, All of my closest friends including childhood friends know what my FAVORITE Christmas movie is! I can recite every.single.line. The movie came out in 1983 when I was just 3 years old.   I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!  YOU have no idea how obsessed much I heart this movie!  I still have my VHS copy from when I was a little girl.  I shot many things with my Red Ryder BB Gun--a baby rattlesnake (I kid you not) A raccoon out of his nest (cruel I know) and my neighbors windows (I am really ashamed to say)..yikes I have been waiting for my boy to get the right age for his 1st Red Ryder and guess what?!! THIS.IS.THE.YEAR. I will place it just as Ralphie's dad did.



Merry Christmas Y'all~I am going to check on Wiley---It is 10:50 am and he is still asleep!

xoxox

3 comments:

Caroline Bobo said...

Look at you little Miss Betty Crocker! Looks amazing! The menu is also making my mouth water! Merry Christmas and have fun with the gun on Christmas morning!!

April said...

You'll shoot your eye out, kid. Best Christmas movie ever. I even sport a Ralphie t-shirt this time of year. hehee How fun your Christmas morning will be.

I'm just catching up on all your posts. Goodness you had a time there for a while, didn't you. I hope y'all are on the mend and that everyone is doing well.

Merry Christmas to you! ;)

Ford Family said...

Merry Christmas! :)