8.21.2012

First Day of School


The first day of school was Wednesday, August 15th.  He went until 11:30 Wed, Thurs, and Friday to get aclimated to new things.  Monday starts a full day until 3:00.  He loves it so far and is eager to sit down with his Daddy for homework.  He says he loves P.E. and is already singing a cute song about a clock ticking and a tocking ;) 

Robin and I walked him in the first day and I was okay.  I teared up walking in and was good when we left.  I had my heart in my pocket and he had his.  Last year during school we both kept hearts in our pockets, and when we felt it throughout the day we would think about eachother.  I think I clinched my heart all morning long, because I could not get him off my mind! 

The second day I took him and as soon as I dropped him off in the carpool line, off he went.  I lost it and cried.cried hard.  All I could think about was that for four years, I had walked him up to his school and now he is BIG, big enough to walk in all.by.himself.  It is so weird driving the other way to school now.  It will take a lot of getting used to. 

We are looking forward to a wonderful 2012-2013 school year with Mrs. Cosby and all the new memories we will be making, like his 1st Pep Rally and 1st High School football game!!  I'm excited too, to step back on my old stomping ground.   











3 comments:

Caroline Bobo said...

OMG!! First day at Morgan!! I remember mine like it was yesterday! He will love Mrs. Cosby!! Claire is so excited to be in her class too :) Great pictures and hang in there MOM...don't blink b/c he will be a senior before you know it!

Ford Family said...

Is Kindergarten inside now??? Love all the pics..his smile is as big as Davis' was! :)

Amanda said...

I love that they use those type of desk! Wish we did!! Cute cute pics!! Hope he has a wonderful school year.